ABOUT EATs

Welcome to EATs; a blog dedicated to raising awareness of eating disorders and providing help and support to those in need. We are all 3rd year Master of Pharmacy students at the University of Lincoln.

Munashe:

Being a university student has exposed me to a lot of things including challenges that we as students face at times that people don’t always address. Eating disorders is just one of these challenges that affects a huge number of students and this shouldn’t be dealt with lightly. My desire for this blog is to help people to understand what eating disorders are all about, to encourage people to speak out and to help those who need it.

Aeesha:

You never know what someone is going through.

I believe that this is a vital topic to bring into discussion in this current climate as eating disorders affect more people than we are aware of. This blog does not discuss eating disorders alone, but rather it also teaches us to ask those around you, how they are doing, more often. It encourages us to listen so that we may understand, learn and support one another.

Lucy:

Eating disorders effect a lot of people, whether you know someone who’s had one or suffer from one yourself. Therefore, I am passionate about raising awareness of eating disorders and ensuring those in need can get access to help and support. As well as this, I believe it is very important to try and break the stigma surrounding eating disorders and get people talking.

Jasmine:

As a student who is exposed to the pressures of social media and having the ‘perfect’ lifestyle, whether that includes body image or eating ‘healthy’ everyday it is no shock to me that the number of individuals diagnosed with an eating disorder is on the rise. Therefore, I am passionate about raising awareness about eating disorders, the signs to look out for and breaking the never ending stigma around eating disorders!

Amy:

I am passionate about raising awareness of the negative effects that social media can have on our mental health as well as our body image, I really want to break the stigma surrounding eating disorders and hope that this blog gets people talking and asking for help. 

We hope you enjoy our blog!